Become a member of MSSWA! There are over 1,300 of us in Minnesota. Enjoy the comradery of belonging to an association specific to the needs and concerns of School Social Workers. With every School Social Worker in the state of Minnesota joining the movement and providing quality services to Minnesota students, we can make a difference. Lift your voice through MSSWA.
Join or Renew your Membership!
New to MSSWA! Your membership will be effective for twelve months from the date you join. Need to renew? Choose one of two methods:
To join online membership click JOIN or Print and complete the membership form and mail with your check to: Susanne Schroeder, 562 Maple Drive, Owatonna, MN 55060 Download your Membership Form. Please make checks payable to: MSSWA
Ten Reasons to Join MSSWA
1. Belong to a politically responsive, state-wide organization committed to the improvement of the school social work profession and to the well being of children and their families.
2. Support your MSSWA’s lobbyist at the legislative level advocating for school social workers.
3. Receive discounts on relevant, high quality conferences sponsored by MSSWA.
4. Know your MSSWA elected colleagues are working for you by partnering with related organizations such as the Department of Education and Education Minnesota.
5. Be part of a forum for communication and networking specific to the profession of school social work.
6. Get current news through email, our printed fall newsletter and our three electronic quarterly newsletter.
7. Access to a user friendly website with great resources, including the school social work manual, student record keeping database, as well as additional powerpoint presentations.
8. Your membership is a way to demonstrate strength in the political arena and is seen by some as a professional responsibility.
9. Receive school social work job opportunities throughout the state of Minnesota.
10. It’s a bargain at only 18 cents a day!
New School Social Work Must Knows
Resiliency in Schools – Minnesota Department of Education
School Social Work National Model an Overview
SSW Record Keeping
Social Work Ethics
Steps for Ethical Decision Making
Trauma Effects on Developing Brain
Retired MSSWA members: Pay only $35 for annual membership.
Graduate Students working Full Time: School Social Workers in their graduate studies pay $35 for annual membership dues.
Affiliate: Graduate students or unemployed school social workers, professional and paraprofessional persons working in appropriate related fields. The cost is $35 per year. (This level of membership is non-voting and does not have access to website member resources).