Become a member of MSSWA! There are over 1,000 of us in Minnesota. Enjoy the comradery of belonging to an association specific to the needs and concerns of School Social Workers. With every School Social Worker in the state of Minnesota joining the movement and providing quality services to Minnesota students, we can make a difference. Lift your voice through MSSWA.
Join or Renew your Membership!
New to MSSWA! Membership is now by open enrollment vs. ending on 8/31. Your membership will be twelve months from the date you join. Need to renew? Choose one of two methods:
To join online membership click JOIN or Print and complete the membership form and mail with your check to: Susanne Schroeder, 562 Maple Drive, Owatonna, MN 55060 Download your Membership Form. Please make checks payable to: MSSWA
Ten Reasons to Join MSSWA
1. Belong to a politically responsive, state-wide organization committed to the improvement of the school social work profession and to the well being of children and their families.
2. Support your MSSWA’s lobbyist at the legislative level advocating for school social workers.
3. Receive discounts on relevant, high quality conferences sponsored by MSSWA.
4. Know your MSSWA elected colleagues are working for you by partnering with related organizations such as the Department of Education and Education Minnesota.
5. Be part of a forum for communication and networking specific to the profession of school social work.
6. Get current news through email, our printed fall newsletter and our three electronic quarterly newsletter.
7. Access to a user friendly website with great resources, including the school social work manual, student record keeping database, as well as additional powerpoint presentations.
8. Your membership is a way to demonstrate strength in the political arena and is seen by some as a professional responsibility.
9. Receive school social work job opportunities throughout the state of Minnesota.
10. It’s a bargain at only 18 cents a day!
New School Social Work Must Knows
Resiliency in Schools – Minnesota Department of Education
School Social Work National Model an Overview
SSW Record Keeping
Social Work Ethics
Steps for Ethical Decision Making
Trauma Effects on Developing Brain
Your membership is a way to demonstrate strength in the political arena and is seen by some as a professional responsibility. With every School Social Worker in the state of Minnesota joining the movement and providing quality services to Minnesota students, we can make a difference!
Regular: Any person employed by and responsible to a public or private school system as a school social worker so certified by the State Board of Teaching and licensed by the State Board of Social Work. The cost is $65 a year for membership. Retired MSSWA members pay only $35 for annual membership.
Affiliate: Graduate students or unemployed school social workers, professional and paraprofessional persons working in appropriate related fields. The cost is $35 per year. (This level of membership is non-voting and does not have access to website member resources).
Affiliate Plus: As defined above with access to website member resources for an additional $30.
Undergraduate Student Membership: Undergraduate social work students receive complimentary membership and should complete a membership form.
Illinois Journal: Written by School Social Workers for School Social Workers. The Illinois School Social Work Journal, printed twice annually, is available to MSSWA members for $20.00 per year. This professional journal is directed primarily to the interests of social workers practicing in the public schools and school social work educators.
MSSWA Members Can Now Join SSWAA at a Reduced Cost As in previous years, MSSWA members can again join national school social work organization SSWAA (School Social Work Association of America) at a reduced cost. The cost is $95.00, a discount from regular membership of $120, until October 31, 2015. You will receive information about how to join SSWAA at the discount rate with your confirmation of membership with MSSWA.
For more information, please contact the Membership Chair: Susanne Schroeder